Amidst the growing and senseless violence in the United States, we inspire you to join the upcoming leadership delegation that will travel to India to study and learn from India' ancient culture and design solutions to reinvigorate nonviolence in our communities and cities.
During the trip, we will follow the intention behind the transformational journey that was taken by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., when he had visited India in 1959 to deepen his understanding of the teachings of nonviolence as used by Mahatma Gandhi.Upon his return, Dr.King wrote “I left India more convinced than ever before that the method of nonviolent resistance is the most potent weapon available to people in their struggle for freedom and human dignity. As a result of my visit, my understanding of non-violence is greater and my commitment deeper.”
On this trip, you will be joined by other concerned civic leaders from across the United States including Mayors, police officers, social activists and victims of violence who are all committed to serving as 'points of light' to reinvigorate nonviolence in their communities and neighborhoods.
Testimonials of past participants:
During the trip, the delegates will:
- Participate in an immersive experience of India’s ancient culture and tradition
- Participate in a specially designed "Nonviolence in Action" leadership workshop to deepen their understanding and commitment to nonviolence using meditation techniques
- Participate in intimate conversations with leaders representing India’s nonviolence traditions
- Brainstorm novel solutions that can be implemented to reinvigorate nonviolence in America
- Deeper understanding and appreciation of India’s ancient culture and traditions
- Personal tool kit of profound breath and meditation techniques and ancient wisdom to develop greater resilience and improve leadership capacity
- Cross fertilization of ideas through discussions with India’s civic leaders
- New strategies and innovative solutions for your specific social challenges